* The first and foremost thing that you should do is to apply ice on the affected area. If ice is not available, you can dip the area in chilled water or put it in running water.
* Apply honey to the wound after washing the wound thoroughly. This will prevent infection and heal the wound.
* Apply calendula gel directly to the burned area as often as necessary to relieve the pain. The gel helps in supporting your skin’s natural moisture layer which has been severely damaged and dried out from the burn.
* Cut some fresh aloe vera leaves and place it on the burnt body part so that the wound heals quickly. Once this happens, break a capsule of vitamin E and pour out its contents on the wound. This will prevent scarring.
* Apple cider vinegar seems to almost be a cure all, it was often used on burns to. It will stop the pain and even help keep the burn from blistering and scarring.
* Egg white is also very effective in treatment of skin burn. Apply egg white over affected skin and leave it there for few minutes.
* For a minor burn milk was used, either by soaking the burned area in a bowl of milk or applying a cloth soaked in milk.
* Take vitamin E needed to prevent scarring.
* Onion is also an effective home remedy in curing the skin burn. Cut a onion in half and put it over the burnt skin.
* Papaya pulp is also effective in treatment of skin burn. Enzymes present in the papaya heal the skin and remove the dead cells.