Cleopatra comes from Greek origin and is known for her Beauty and Flawless skin. Her beauty secrets have been researched and studied thoroughly and we present these secrets from a by-gone era as they are very relevant to this very day.
Queen Cleopatra’s Beauty Secrets:
1. She loved to use honey on her face due to its anti bacterial properties.
2. She washed her face many times a day using oil and chalk or oil and lime.
3. She used to rinse her face with Apple cider vinegar.
4. Ginger, antimony, calamine, onions, goose-fat, turpentine, etc. were some of the numerous skin care products used in Queen Cleopatra’s skin care regime!
5. Sea salt scrub was the natural scrub she used to exfoliate her body and face.
6. Queen Cleopatra used rosewater to make the pimple marks disappear.
7. The natural nail polish that Queen Cleopatra used was Henna, which gives fingernails a lovely reddish-brown color.
8. She used henna or a Mixture of Juniper berries, oil and two unidentified plants to dye her hair. . Besides these, olive oil was used to enrich the hair texture.
9. Cleopatra Beauty secrets – Milk: She added Dead Sea salt to her bath with essential oils and aromatic flowers to relieve stress and make her skin glow! She used milk for bathing. Vitamins A and E in milk acted as an antiseptic too. She also mixed Milk with Olive oil to use it as a Moisturizer.
10. As far as fragrance is concerned, she loved rose and jasmine scents.
11. Cucumber, gum, oil and sycamore juice, mixed with boiled and crushed bones of a specific bird was used by Queen Cleopatra as a hair removal cream.
12. She chewed cachous pastilles to prevent bad breath.
13. Pellets of Carob and some essential oils were used to prevent any body-odour.
14. Red ochre and fat mixed together was used to color her lips, and Celery and hemp were combined for soothing her eyes. Antimony Sulphide was the black chemical she used to make her eyes, eyebrows and her lashes dark;
15. Many still use this popular recipe to get rid of tan even today. Take 1 cup of green grapes and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix it together and apply on your kin. Leave it on for 15 minutes to remove tan.
I hope you found this article interesting. Follow these everyday beauty secret to get glowing skin just like Cleopatra’s.