1. Wash rice well and soak in salt water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy or non-stick pan.
3. Add all the spices and fry, till you get the aroma.
4. Add onion and fry till golden brown.
5. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away.
6. Add the split chillies.
7. Now add the rice and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Add the coconut milk and salt.
9. Bring to a boil.
10.Simmer covered, till rice is cooked and water evaporates.
11. The rice can be served hot with any spicy vegetarian or non vegetarian gravy.
Recipe by: Sharmin Ela